Question
Posted by: Yolandie | 2010/04/12

Missed period &  not pregnant

Hallo Doctor. I used Triphasil for about 3 years &  stopped using it 4 months ago. My menstrual cycle is not normal since not using Triphasil. We''ve tested my husband''s sperm before my first pregnancy because I did not get pregnant. They could not find anything wrong with him. It turned out that I did not ovulate regulary when they tested me. I got pregnant after using Clomid for 3 months. Currently I am getting lights cramps and it feels like I am going to start menstruating any moment, but nothing happens (this has been going on for about a week). I know I must give my body time to sort my hormones out, but is it normal to skip your period when you''ve stopped Triphasil for 4 months? I did a pregnancy test a week ago and it was negative. I want to start using Clomid again, but will have to get my period first. Do you think I should wait a bit longer for my periods to return before I get worried? Why am I getting the light cramps?

It sounds like you may be having a problem with ovulaiton again. Your cycle should have normalised by now. See your gynaecologist to discuss options.

3
Posted by: N | 2010/04/14

my menstrual cycle has not been normal since I was a teen, I missed periods sometimes it normal for maybe 3 months and then miss the rest of the months. for example  I last had my periods in December 2009 and now it April 2010 I have''nt mentruated. please advise

Reply to N

Posted by: Doc | 2010/04/13

Clomid must only be used under the supervision of a doctor, and preferrably a gynaecologist.

Reply to Doc