Question
Posted by: Linda | 2011/07/22

missed period after tubal ligation

I had a tubal ligation after the birth of my daughter in 2009 and have been having my periods regularly. I was supposed to get my period on the 18th of this month but still nothing. I have been having unprotected sex with my fiance, does this mean i could be preg and if so what are the risks involved.

There is a small chance of pregnancy, so do a pregnancy test. There are no particular risks just because you have had a sterilisation.

5
Posted by: Linda | 2011/08/03

thanx for ur replies.

Reply to Linda
Posted by: cat | 2011/07/29

HI there,

I also had the Tubal Ligation in 2009 after my son''s birth. There is a 2700 to one chance that you can still get pregnant. If you do fall pregnant there is the chance that it will be a Ectopic Pregnancy (pregnancy in the Falopian Tube) and this can be very dangerous. I will suggest that you go to your Dr to check if you are pregnant and the Dr might do a scan to make sure the pregnancy is not in the tube.

It is apparently also common to have irregular periods or severe periods once you had a sterilization.

Reply to cat
Posted by: Linda | 2011/07/28

Breasts after, please send your question to the doctor and not to me though it looks like he does not reply anymore.

Reply to Linda

Posted by: Lulu | 2011/07/25

I stopped breastfeeding my son 3weeks ago,my breast look so small and hav ugly stretchmarks,what can i use to uplift them,i feel unattractive.

Reply to Lulu