Question
Posted by: Amy | 2009-02-02

Missed Period

Hi, I am 26, have been on the pill for 7 years. Was on Mirella up until Jan 09. 18 December 08 I have a light period that only lasted half a day, this was two days later than what I normally have a period. I finished my pack of Mirella and started my new pack of Loette starting the very next day coenciding with the pack of Mirella I just finished as the Doctor had told me. I should of then Started my period 13 January 09, I had slight brown discharge for two days, just when I wiped from the 16th to the 17th then nothing - I also experienced some lower back pain and mild cramping, and feeling of bloating. I went to the doctor a week later and had a Pregnancy Blood test, this came back negative. I am now three weeks late for my period. I have been suffering with insomnia and sensitive nipples with bloatedness to the extent that I can' t button some of my pants. I don' t know if I' m pregnant? Have a Thyroid Problem or what and I feel a little anxious. My last Gynae check up was in Dec 08 and everything was fine and healthy. Since my missed period I have stoped taking the Pill.

It was probably the change of Pill which caused your symptoms. You should have just continued.