Question
Posted by: Layla | 2011/09/13

Missed dosage of Anti-depressant

Hello,
I have been on Lexamil (10mg) since the 31 July 2011and it has been going pretty well. But on Sunday due to a busy schedule i totally forgot to take my medication. I only managed to take it the following morning. Will this have any affect on me ? I am feeling a bit emotional and am not sure what to do. Please advise.

It shouldn't have any serious effect. Obviously, with any AD, as it produces its benefits by a gradual and cumulative effect ( rather than producing an immediate effect soon after taking the pill ) its important to take it regularly, as prescribed. Bu as they are usually not eliminated from the body very quickly, missing an indiidual dose usually doesn't cause a problem.
One may well feel a bit emotional anyway, and this should soon pass, and not due to the single missed dose

1