Question
Posted by: Ms. Bee Sting | 2012/01/24

Miss my younger years

Hi there CyberShrink and everybody,

I don’ t know if I am depressed, but lately I am thinking a lot about my younger days (teenage) and my 20’ s and what great times I had and miss those days with all my heart. I am 34 now.

I am thinking a lot about friends I had and how we used to do everything together and I dearly miss them. Our ways parted because life happens…  we met someone special and you drift apart.

I actually feel sad when I think about it and even songs on the radio reminds me of the good times I had.

Is it normal to constantly miss your past? Does it mean that I am not entirely content with my life now?

Oh you poor old things of 34 ! Those of us who are reaching double that, think back fondly to those Good old Days. But though Old Age feels like a punishment for sins you didn't commit, we can still grow and develop - form new friends, and do diferent things. It need not mean one is dissatisfied with one's present life ( and if it is, fix the present !) ; but nostalgia is a condition that has been recognized for centuries.
What is not helpful is to allow yourself to "constantly" miss the past to the point that you fail to enjoy the present. And this present, is tomorrow's yesterday - unless you invest in new pleasures now, you'll be giving yourself less to look fondl back on, in years to come

3
Posted by: Ms. Bee Sting | 2012/01/26

Oh, no! they deleted our conversation! *boo-hoo*

Reply to Ms. Bee Sting
Posted by: Phil | 2012/01/24

I think it is the phase one goes through when you are moving into your second part of your life  almost like downhill from here ...lol We are moving towards the age where you can''t physically do what you used to  retirement homes rae in the future plans.....lol
People you not so long used to look at  now calls you oom or tanie...
I know the feeling  and I some days love the clamness that comes with age. But somedays just hate the realities that come with it.
You are not alone...

Reply to Phil