Question
Posted by: Stephanie | 2012/08/22

Miserable me

I don''t know what is going on with me lately! I am so miserable and nasty to some people I work with. I get very irritated with people who act dumb and expect to be spoonfed in their jobs and I hate it when people get things wrong, then I say nasty things. I don''t like being bad-tempered and irritable every day of my life! I have a lot of pressure at work, financial pressure at home (paying off debts my husband''s family incurred). I have lost a dear friend because of my crappy attitude and he is not prepared to listen to my apologies as he says I have anger issues he cannot deal with! I get angry in the traffic, in the mall, in the supermarket. I really don''t know how to curb my anger outbursts any longer. I have also started swearing and that is something I hardly ever used to do. Some advice please before I lose my mind, my job, my dignity etc. Thanks!+

Are you perhaps depressed ? By your description, you're stressed by events at work and at home, which is probably a significant part of this. Often, you find yourself expressing anger caused by other things, towards people who really don't deserve it ; sometimes because you dont dare or otherwise can't strike back a the real causes of the stress and anxiety.
Counselling can help, to identify both how to avoid at least some of the stress, and how to better handle whatever cant be avoided.

1