Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2011/08/22

Miserable Dog

Hi, We have a pure bread Boerboel. He is usally very friendly and lovely temperament, but when he is in my moms room on his bed and we walk in he starts growling and doesnt want to let us in the room, this happens whether or not my mom is in the room, how do we go about stopping this kind of behaviour?

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Michele, you need to get in professional assistance immediately. this situation can quickly get out of control and the last thing you want is for a dog this size to become aggressive. The trouble with this sort of behaviour is that it does escalate. this is a form of Resource Guarding and probably a lack of human/canine hierarchy and professional help in the home is a necessity. Have a look at www.animal-behaviour.org.za for somebody in your area and if you cant find anybody, please contact me via e-mail and i will put you in touch with a professional. Thanks Scotty

1
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/08/22

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert