Question
Posted by: jenna | 2011/03/23

miserable but why?

I don’ t know what’ s wrong with me... I am 24 years old, generally happy except I hate my job. I’ ve been job hunting for a few months now but I am looking for something stimulating where I can work with people (without it having to be just over the phone and dealing with their problems). We’ ve (my boyfriend and I) had so many problems with our cars (they keep breaking and we keep having to borrow my mothers car or one of my fathers cars), we don’ t earn a lot so we are struggling a bit financially (hence my looking for a new job too). But anyway, we won a weekend away to a hotel and it was so fantastic to just get away from all our problems for two days but now I am so miserable for some reason- it’ s like after the nice break I cannot get back to reality. I’ m on the verge of tears because I just can’ t stand the problems and our job and I just want to live in lala land forever. This sounds so lame, but I can’ t help it. I have not performed well at my job for a while but since we got back it’ s even worse. I can’ t concentrate at work because I’ m too busy almost crying. I don’ t know what on earth is my problem! I don’ t know what I’ m looking for here... maybe just a kind word to say that I’ m not alone and everything will be OK.

OK. Neither you nor I have the proper residency visa for lala-land. So you may visit briefly, but may not stay there for long. But stop concentrating on what you don't have yet, and think about what you do have, and which so many others want and don't have. Many of us spend quite long periods of time being dissatisfied, but weeping and just indulging in feeling bad about it makes us feel worse, and makes it harder to get our way out of it, as you will, indeed, get out of this before too long

4
Posted by: Kate | 2011/03/23

Maybe you pregnant?
Explaining all the emotional feelings...

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Ask | 2011/03/23

Your not alone everything will be OK!!!!

Reply to Ask
Posted by: Rishaan | 2011/03/23

Hey Jenna - i am truly sorry to hear about your sitaution. About a year back i have been in a similar sitaution - the job part. I was so miserable i was willing to take a salary sacrifice of up to R150 K. I am sure with time both you and your boyfriend will find that job that you guys always wanted. Remember that there is always light at the end of the tunnel. If i may what sort of job are you currently doing? Do you have any qualifiactions?

Reply to Rishaan