Question
Posted by: Sim | 2011/06/27

Miserable

I really don’ t feel happy around people when they come to my house I don’ t know what it is but I find myself being fake and wishing they would just go home. Also I cant seem to loosen up and have fun ever… 

Depending on WHO is visitng, I'm sure we all feel that way at times ! But it sounds as though you may be describing a form of social anxiety disorder, in which one feels anxious and uncomfortable in the presence of other people. Its often especially so in situaions in which you feel you may be judged by others - some feel this most at work or at school, but as a proud byt perhaps insecure home-maker, you may feel uneasy about guests oming into the privacy of yournhome, and what they may think of it.
If you can, see a psychologist for CBT-oriented counselling which could help a lot to enable you to feel more confident and comfortable when others are around

1