Question
Posted by: anon4tis | 2010-07-01

misconduct

this week i went out to do fieldwork and my boss was aware of that. on my way back nature was calling and as i was close to my place i decided to go to my house and use the loo. as i approach my gate, my boss was leaving my yard and she was with a friend of mine who happens to be a colleague. seeing them i just open the window amd ask them what wrong and my boss said that she was looking for me and ask me where i''''m from and where i was going, i opted to answer the second question saying that i''''m going to use my loo and she said i must go back and use the one in the office and i simply said no i''''m pressed cant drive that long but assure them that i''''m coming back to the office.

indeed i went back and before going to my boss decided to ask my friend/colleague what were they doing at my place she arrogantly said to me "  GO AND ASK YOUR BOSS AND LEAVE ME OUT OF YOUR ISSUES"  .shocked and angry as i was i ask my boss what was that all about, she could not give the story until she confessed that she was informed that i usually fake trips and stay at home and when i ask her about production which i give to her everyday after such trips (people i''''m visiting attach their signstures) she said she is not sure whether i did talk to the individuals involved (meaning i''''m commiting serious fraud accoprding to her).

i ended up asking her whether did i commit any offence against our policies, she said no and i begged her to guide me or charge me instance of wanting to get me red handed doing the "  CRIME"  she is aware of and i''''m not. for now i really dont know how to handle the issue but then i feel that it was really out of order for both of them to go to my place to catch me commiting the crime please help! any advice welcome.

p.s forgot to mention that my friend came to my office the followwing day and told me that i should refrain from my behavior of playing victim and i should asked her why did they go to my place and i should stop cursing her and leave her out of my issues with my boss, she ended up telling me that i''''m mad and cursed me. all this happend in my office and cant tell my boss who happens to be our supervisor. i have no witnesses but that is what happend i''''m angry and need some advice.

regards

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re: Misconduct

It does look like your boss is trying to catch you doing something wrong, however, your boss hasn't taken any disciplinary action and it is suggested that you merely wait unless you wish to raise a grievance which would be done in terms of your grievance procedure.