Posted by: worried mom | 2009-02-26

is it possible to miscarry at 5, 6months what are maybe the causes? iam worried coz i alwayz have this mild cramps on my lower abdominal but lo is moving perfect somenone told me you can feel movement even if something wrong. pls help it my first baby.i have also experiencing itchy on my vagina but no burning on urine,esp after having going to see gynae on sater..

If you feel movements, everything is okay with the baby. Cramps off and on are normal. If they are very frequent, your doctor should check your cervix to see if you may be going into labour.
The itching may be thush.

Posted by: Kate | 2009-02-27

To answer your first question, yes, it is possible to lose your baby anytime during your pregnancy.

Mild cramps may just be braxton hicks which often feel like a tightness or light cramp in your belly.

Burning urine is usually a sign of a bladder infection but the itching could also be thrush which is common in pregnancy and the gynae can give you medication that is safe to take during pregnancy to clear that up. If it happens more after sex then I would just not have sex or alternatively after having sex, get up and wash your vagina with a mild soap like Dove and dry properly.

Your baby should make 10 movements per hour and if you are feeling good movements most likely baby is still fine but if you are ever worried, pop into the labour ward of your nearest hosiptal and they will do a NST (non stress test) which will monitor the baby' s heartbeat for 20 minutes and put your mind at ease.

Reply to Kate