Question
Posted by: Lee | 2012/02/24

Miscarried,not understing the cause

Dear Doc,I miscarried at 16 weeks 30.01.2012 the baby had the umbilical cord wrapped around the ankle 3 times but early this week my gaeno shared the available results with us stating that i had an infection that is influenza or caused by influenza.prior to the day i miscarried i never had flu.these findings are jus very unclear to us,do you have any suggestions or advise for me?love Lee

There are many viral infections which can cause miscarriages and it seems that you had one of them. These can sometimes be asymptomatic.You would need to know exactly what the virus was, but most do not recur.

1