Question
Posted by: g | 2008/10/29

miscarried at 4months

i miscarried at 4months due to my placenta which tore apart. i was also diagonised with complete placenta previa and was bleeding from day 1. is it possible to fall pregnant before my period resumes, it will be 3weeks this friday since i had a d and c to evacuate the uterus, if not when do i get my period again?

Dear G

It is always possible that you may be able to fall pregnant before your next period resumes after having had a miscarriage. Generally one should see their period 4 to 6 weeks after having had an evacuation of the uterus for a miscarriage. If 6 weeks have gone by and you still do not see your period then I suggest you do a pregnancy test.

Answered by: Dr. Y. M. Dasoo