Question
Posted by: DANNY | 2010/04/25

MISCARRIED AT 4 WEEKS

I found out tht I was pregnant 2 weeks ago...On sunday last week I started spotting...On the Monday itgot worst so i went to see my gynae. He told me that if the bleeding got any worst I mst call him. On tuesday I started clotting &  was admitted. I continued to bleed &  clot. Inthe meantime the dr said tht the sac was intact and he ran blood tests to see is myy hormones were rising or decreasing.They were rising and unfortunately onwednesday morning I miscarried. The yolk sac came out and the dr did not send me for a DNC cos he said that it was not necessary...

I donot understand why this has happened. I had a good 1st pregnancy and why did this happen. please can you advise.

Many women have miscarriages. The commonest reason is an abnormality - nature's way of preventing you from giving birth to an abnormal baby.There is a very good chance of a normal pregnancy next time.

2

Posted by: cassidy | 2010/04/25

Hi there. Im so sorry for your loss, I had two succesful pregnancies, have the most beautifull girls, so when I found out I was pregnant,it was such a delightful surprise, but unfortunately I misscarried at 7 weeks, was hoping that whole week that it was just an " infection" but unfortunately my sac came down after 5days of hoping and praying. My gynae told me that I only had a sac, no baby ever formed, but I still had all the pregnancy symptoms, and this being my third, my stomach was already starting to form! so I understand TOTALLY what you are going through and unfortunately there is no explanation, my gynae assured me I did nothing wrong , I thought it might be cause I was on my Pill while fallling pregnant, but she said she doubts it,and that it was something natural, natures and your bodies way of rejecting something that might not have been perfect, and as I already had 2 healthy children, and that I should try and focus on my future.so currently I am waiting to see if i have conceived again (4weeks later, still no period, but 2 negative HTT, to scared to go for blood test, as Im scared it might go the same). all I can say to you is I hope your hurt and sadness turns into gladness soon, and just remember your firs born is healthy and requires his/her mommy and your husband is probably also hurting, so take this time as a family to be by each others side and remember everyting happens for a reason,perhaps God felt something would go wrong later in your pregnancy and I know this is harsh, but rather let it be so early, than having to lose a fully developed baby. Good luck.

Reply to cassidy