Question
Posted by: Nceba | 2010/03/22

Miscarried &  Still missing periods

Hi Doc,hope u are well. On the 12th January 2010 I miscarried whilst I was 19 and a half weeks with twins and I kept on bleeding for a couple of days and stopped. So I looked forward to my cycle in February and nothing happened to date and is this normal. I want to try again but am not sure if I can if I haven''''t had periods. I''''m so desperate. Please help.

Dear Nceba

Due to the advanced nature of your pregnancy and in the light of the twins it might be that hormonal changes have not completely returned to normal and it may take up to 6 weeks and in some cases even 8 weeks before you see your period (from the time of miscarriage). Also it would have been necessary to give you something to dry up your breast milk after the miscarriage and if this was not given it may contribute further to the problem. Should you not see your period in the next week or two I suggest a visit to your gynaecologist and a hormone evaluation be done.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/03/25

Dear Nceba

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert