Question
Posted by: Lee | 2012/02/21

Miscarriages

I have had two miscarriages last year. My husband smokes marijuana occasionally, could that have been the cause.

Dear Lee
There are many different causes as to why miscarriages occur. These range from chromosomal abnormalities, uterine congenital abnormalities, the presence of infections and the use of medication all of which can contribute to miscarriages. And certainly drugs may play a role and I would strongly recommend that your husband stops the use of marijuana so you can see if that is not causing a problem or not.
Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo