Question
Posted by: anie | 2008/10/22

Miscarriages

I don' t have a problem getting pregnant but I miscarry from 6 to 9 weeks. 9 weeks seems to be the longest. I have had 2 miscarriages 1 successful pregnancy and now 3 miscarriages. My DR has done alot of testing and says there is nothing else they can test me for and all seems well. What could cause this and what could I try to prevent this ?

Dear Anie

There is significant body of scientific evidence suggesting that in cases of recurrent pregnancy losses in the absence of any specific diagnostic problem the cause may be embryo related. This pertains to the embryo and may be ideal a situation for pre-genetic diagnosis (PGD), were the embryo/s is tested for genetic or chromosomal problems before the process of implantation. In order to accomplish this IVF is necessary. I’m also assuming that all possible investigations have already been done in terms of blood analysis etc to exclude an underlying maternal cause for the miscarriages.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: anie | 2008/10/23

Thanks so much I will do.

Reply to anie
Posted by: Tieta | 2008/10/22

HI Anie, please come to the Infertility forum on H24. There ar many ladies that can try and help you in the right direction. Not that you are infertile, you get pregnant but then miscarry. So there might be another small problem that can be overcome.

Good luck.

Tieta

Reply to Tieta