Posted by: Daisy | 2009-03-03

Miscarriage - Please advise??

I had a miscarriage on 25 December. I only got my first period on 25 February and it ended 28 February. Does this mean everything is back to normal? What are my chances to fall pregnant again soon? How long will my body take to recover. I was only 9 weeks pregnant. The doctor said the baby didnt develop. Only the sack developed. I really want to fall pregnant again. Is there anything i can use to fall pregnant faster?? Any advise??

Yes, this means that things should be back to normal. The body takes 3-6 months to recover, so don't be in a hurry to fall pregnant. Your chances of a successful pregnancy are better if you wait at least 3 months.

Posted by: Hopeful | 2009-03-03

Hi Daisy,

I suffered a similar miscarriage to yours in 2007 and after the D& C, my gynae advised that I should wait until my period came back " showing a sign that everything is ok again"  before we try again to fall pregnant. After the D& C, I believe you " catch"  very quickly!

Hope this helps!

Reply to Hopeful