Posted by: Gugu | 2008-11-05

Miscarriage at 24,5 weeks

I had a Miscarriage and D& C was done. How soon after the evacuation of uterus can one begin the normal sexual life, and hw long can one wait to fall pregnant again.

I am now 41 yrs and would like to have a child again, is it possible? What is the critical age for becoming pregnant?

A test was done before falling pregnant to check whether I can still be able to conceive. The results showed that I can still have children as my ovaries are in good shape. Can this change after miscarriage?

Dear Gugu

It is usually advised that one waits atleast 4 to 5 weeks before resuming normal intercourse and there is no restriction on how soon thereafter one may attempt to conceive. However in view of your age, I would recommend that you consider active fertility intervention after the first 3 months of the incident.

Answered by: Dr. M. I. Cassim

Posted by: NIKKI | 2008-11-06

I don' t have any answers for u just wanna say sorry for you are in my prayers.hope you get pregnant soon.

Reply to NIKKI