Posted by: Lovey | 2008-11-05

Had an unfortunate situation, where I started bleeding and was admitted in hospital for PVC Bleeding and abdominal pains. Was kept in hospital for 2 days an released. Bleeding was still there, but not showing so much on the Pad. Gynea was told of the abdominal pains that felt like period pains and didnt check to see if the cervix is opening or not. Early morning the next day, I was admitted with the same problem, and when the Gynea arrived, he checked and said he could feel the membranes and was told I will have a miscarriage. The labour was induced and ended also D& C was perfomed on the same day (Friday). He also told me that I can go back to work on Monday. As a Gynea, how long does it take for a person to go back to work after being in labour?

Am 41 yrs and very sad that I had a mis, I still want to try and have another baby. How long can I wait until start trying and what contraceptive can u recommend before tyring again. Do I have to go for thorough check up before trying?

A week or so would be average before going back to work after a miscarriage. At the age of 41 years, the chance of miscarriages is higher. The best thing would be to use condoms till you try again. The recommendation is to wait at least 3 months.

Posted by: Nix | 2008-11-05

When i had my miscarriages 9, 6 and 12 weeks i was booked off for almost 2 weeks. more to heal emotionally then physically. I really think you need the time off. I' m sorry for your loss. Give your body 3 months before you start trying again and in the mean time there is no need for contraception. Good luck.

Reply to Nix