Question
Posted by: Sam | 2008-12-20

Miscarriage at 12 weeks 39 years old

Dear Doc

i miscarried at 12 weeks but did not know. The baby' s heart was beating perfectly at 8 weeks and when I went for my 12 weeks it had stopped beating. What could be the course of this? I have a rhesus factor, and when my second child was born eight years ago they did not give me the anti d injection until six weeks later. Could that have been the problem?

Sam

Rhesus problems usually occur later in pregnancy but this is a possible cause. Other causes are chromosomal problems, illnesses in you, such as diabetes, low progesterone..