Question
Posted by: Liz | 2013-02-05

miscarriage

I had two miscarriages last year. I have no reason why. so I went to the chiropractor yesterday as I have been having back ache for more than a year due to carrying heavy boxes and also carrying my two year old on my left hip for two long. She suggested that there might be some link to miscarriage. could this be possible. I injured L5 and lower spine. so far no major problem in back, just swelling.

Dear Liz
It is very unlikely that this is a significant factor in the cause of your miscarriages. However should you conceive again it would be advisable to have the cervix(mouth of the womb) assessed earlier on and to insert a stitch(cerclage) if necessary.
Answered by Dr M.I.Cassim