Question
Posted by: lynne | 2012/08/01

miscarriage

I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks beginning of May 12. My period came on 1 June and thereafter 3 July, 32 days later. Before my mc my period was regular and got it every 28 days, which means my period should come any day now. I took a hpt yesterday (28days) and it was negative. Does mc usually affect your cycle? At the start of my luteal phase I had very strong PMS symptoms which I usually get a day or 2 before my period. Is there a possibility I could be pregnant even if my test was negative?

I am 32 not under or over weight and when I went to my gynae for a follow up check he told me I was fine and he does not forsee any problems with me conceiving? In my case how long after not falling ppregnant should I consider seeing my gynae. I''ve only started trying to have a baby at the beginning of the year so its only a few months now.

Lynne

Your cycle may be a bit differnt after a miscarriage. You should wait at least a week before doing a pregnancy test again. It can take up to a year for a normal healthy couple to conceive.

1