Posted by: melissa | 2012-05-23

i was 12 week pregnant on 3 april 2012 and had a miscarriage and they have cleaned me from inside since then im bleeding and have a disgarge what can be wrong can i get pregnant easy again or ill i have the same complications

Dear Melissa

It is not unusual to bleed for at least 10-14 days after the clean up procedure but should the bleeding persist beyond this time I would suggest that you go back to your gynaecologist for a scan to check if the uterus is completely empty. If the uterus is completely empty then your gynaecologist will put you on some medication to try to regulate your cycle once more and thereafter it should be fairly easy to conceive again. In some instances a second clean up operation may be necessary should there be any retained products of conception.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim