Question
Posted by: Stressed | 2011/05/25

Miscarriage

I did pose this question but you mentioned details were missing.
My girlfriend was pregnant.We only confirmed this on the 13th May 2011.We had unprotected sex the week before.Because my girlfreind did not know she was pregnant she took Norvelo.In the early hours of the morning of 16th May she miscariied.The doctor gave her a tablet and said it is like acid and that she will bleed.She did bleed on the 16th and a little on the 17th.Late on the 17th she did not feel well and went again to the hospital.They did a blood and pee test and said she is pregnant. I think the doctor did a sonar or something and said that there is a fertilised egg. Is it possible to miscarry and then be pregnant almost immediately.Also the doctor mentioned something about ectopic pregnancy.Please advise as we are unable to get an appointment with a gynae till about the middle of June 2011 and i am stressed. I have given all details

It is not possibloe to fall pregnant a day after a miscarriage. It could be that the miscarriage was not complete. If an ectopic pregnancy was mentioned, this could be serious and you shouldget an earlier appointment with the doctor.

1