Question
Posted by: JJ | 2011/02/19

Miscarriage

I had a misarriage a month ago. My gynae said we can try again after two months. He thinks I had Blighted Ovum. What is the chances of this happening a second time? He says it''s good that I felt pregnant meaning that there is probably nothing wrong with us. But does Blighted Ovum count as a pregnancy? Can it be that the pill was still in my system and caused the miscarriage? I was 7 months off the pil.

The chances of a recurrence are less than 10%. Blighted ovum does count as a pregnancy and is unrelated to the Pill.

1