Question
Posted by: Nesh | 2011-02-03

Miscarriage

I have just had a miscarriage about 2 weeks ago, i was 7 weeks pregnant, my gynae advised i would be able to try again in about 6 weeks time, i am scared of the same thing happening to me again, how do i deal with this cause i never expected for this to happen to me.

Dear Nesh

It is unfortunate that your pregnancy landed up as a miscarriage however it is almost a 10% chance that every pregnancy can land up as a miscarriage without there being any obvious cause found. It is always scary when these things happen but it does not necessarily mean that it will happen again. Your gynaecologist is right that one should wait approximately 6 weeks before attempting a pregnancy again. If you are still scared despite the above then I would suggest that you get a little bit of pre-pregnancy counseling either by your gynaecologist or by psychologist to help cope with this fear.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011-02-08

Dear Nesh

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: ZOE | 2011-02-04

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL I HAVE NOW HAD 4 MISCARRIAGES, THEY SAY MORE THAN 50% OF WOMEN WILL HAVE A MISC WITH THE FIRST PREGNAN.. GOOD LUCK I HOPE YOU WILLHAVE SUCSESS SOON,

Reply to ZOE