Question
Posted by: hartie | 2011-01-06

Miscarriage

Dear Dr.
On 30 Dec i had an HCG test done showing 2590.
On 4th Jan it had dropped to 1850. i had some brown discharge and slight bleeding on night of 3rd Jan.
My gynae called to say i will have a heavy period in next few days and loose this baby. I have not even had an ultrsound or anything. i would like to know when should i check my hcg levels again? What is the procedure a doctor would do if this is a miscarriage?

You should check the HCG level again now. It is still dropping the most liekly procedure would be a D&C, but a scan should be done first.

3
Posted by: Zama | 2011-01-10

It really depends on how far along you were. I had a miscarriage at 5/6 weeks and the doc left me to have a natural miscarriage. No meds or D& C required as it was still an early pregnancy. After a week I went for a follow-up consultation where he did an internal scan done and went for further blood tests to check if HCG had left my system and that was it.

Reply to Zama
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-01-10

Posted by: Meme | 2011-01-07

He should do a D& C. chat to him about that. sorry for your loss. I''ve just gone through the same.

Reply to Meme