Question
Posted by: ANON | 2010/08/17

miscarriage(?)

I tested positive on a home pregnancny test about two months ago...I started bleeding two weeks later and I wanted to go to the doctor but because it wasn''t painful I kept putting it off. It went on until something fell out which I think was the embryo (a blood clot covered in skin or something...which I think is the placenta). I hadn''t planned to fall pregnant so I wasn''t too affected by it, although I do wonder what may have caused it.

A month or so later, the bleeding has stopped completely and I even had a normal period (4 days) not so long ago. I''m not one to go to doctors unless I absolutely need to. So I''m wondering, should I go see a gynae and what are the things I should be concerned about that I should make sure are addressed at my visit.

Thank you.

It sounds like you had a complete miscarriage. As you did not see a doctor at the time, there is probably no need to go now, unless you have any symptoms. If yu are sexually active, you should of course have regular pap smears.

1