Question
Posted by: Ann | 2010/01/06

Miscarriage

Happy New year to you doc.

i missed my period by 14days and when i got it on day 15 there was very light bleeding thereafter alot of clots, and it lasted for 11days. Was this a early miscarriage or just a hormonal problem?

Dear Ann

Both possibilities are likely. A pregnancy test would have been extremely useful in this instance. It may be however somewhat late to do one at this stage therefore I would recommend that you visit your gynaecologist who may be able to detect changes on ultrasound scan and perhaps do a hormone profile which will help to establish the most likely cause.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility Expert | 2010/01/08

Dear Ann

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility Expert