Posted by: Meraai | 2009-05-20

Good day,

I had a miscarriage on the 10th of May (was almost 6 weeks pregnant). My GP performed a scrape on the same day. What I would like to know is when can we start trying to conceive again? We are quite anctious to start with our family and don' t want to wait too long. Is there anyting I could do in future to try and prevent a miscarriage in the future?

You should wait at least 3 months. Start taking folate now. ALso ensure a healthy lifestyle with no smoking or alcohol.

Posted by: Lynne | 2009-05-21

Hi meraai

i also had a miscarriage a few years ago, and I can remeber how confused I was, when to start and when not. I was heart broken, and I felt like a failure. It was quite normal.
the best it to wait for your body to heal after the scrape, but even better wait until your heart is better.
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do do prevent a miscarriage, the best you can do is to try and not stress, relax as much as you can, rest, take things slow and keep up god health. good luck.
I waited thremonths befor etrying again, and my pregnancy and my baby was a blessed one.

Reply to Lynne

You actually dont need a prescription to get folic acid tablets, they are cheap and you can buy them over the counter.You should start with them love and aks your Gynae for advise as well.

Good luck...

Posted by: TK | 2009-05-20

I was advised by my gynae to try again immediately after my first period. You should request your gynae to prescripted you folic acid tables.

Reply to TK

I was told to wait at least 3 cycles (3 months) and then try again by my gynea when I lost my baby at 8 weeks.