Posted by: Depressed | 2009-02-16

This might not be the right forum to post but I' m desperate for answers from someone who was once in a similar situation like me.

I had a car accident in December whilst driving from my boyfriends house, the accident was so bad in such a way that the other driver died on the scene. We were both rushed to hospital and whilst running the tests they found out that I was pregnant. My boyfriend didn t take the news very well, he was just quiet and only said we were not ready for this child (might not have been ready but the baby was already there and I was shocked and happy at the same time - believe me we were using condoms all the time) Due to the injuries sustained I started feeling pains in my stomach, he rushed me to hospital and whilst waiting for the Dr,I started blleding and the next thing I was rushed to the theatre and the rest is history........ My problem is that this happened on the 13th of January and I still haven'  t had my periods even now.

Is it normal??

Obviously this would do better on Gynaedoc's foruim, but maybe some of our readers can respond based on their own experiences. The purely gynae question I can't answer, thougn gynaedoc could. And whoever saw you at the hospital should surely have arranged for a follow-up visit to check your progress, and would be best placed to assess the situation properly. Maybe some relationship counselling sessions with your bf, or some individual sessions to help you work your way through this unsettling ezperience, would be wise

Posted by: storm | 2009-02-16

hi depressed,

i also had a miscarriage i lost my baby at 10 weeks. it can take up to 6 to 8 weeks for your period to return if it doesnt come then see a doc.

am so sorry abt your miscarriage you are not alone.

may god comfort you

Reply to storm