Posted by: wafa | 2009-01-18

hi there, i was 14 weeks pregnant and started bleeding heavily. AFter visiting the doctor, i was informed that i had miscarried. They didnt perform a dnc and said i should return for a check up in a week. i bled for a few days after that but Im not bleeding i need a dnc and when can i try to fall pregnant again. I was on Eltroxin(thyroid medication) during my pregnancy and was quite healthy. Could that be a reason for the miscarriage?I live in saudi arabia and medical advice is hard to get from non-english doctors.Thank you for ur assistance

It is not always necessary for a D&C. This will be assessed on examination and scan.
Hypothyroidism can cause miscarriages if your thyroid function is not well controlled.
It is best to wait at least 3 months before trying again.