Posted by: Gugu | 2008-11-12

I recently had a miscarraige. I was admitted for PVC Bleeding. On that day he came to the ward and did an internal check, an also he asked me if I hear any movements and I said Yes. When he checked he foung out that he could feel the membranes and ordered the nurse to put me on the drip to induce labour, and he also told me that I am having a miscarraige.

I was 24,5 weeks pregnant and my baby was still moving when he checked me. What is the age that can be saved when a mother is having a miscarriage? What are the chances of survival for the foetus who is more than 20 weeks?

Am quite disturbed by this, I feel I was not given much of a choice.

Please advise

If the doctor could feel membranes, it means that you were dilated. You may have been given something to speed things up, but the process was already under way. A baby has to be at least 28 weeks to have a greater than 50% chance of survival. At 24 weeks, it would not survive.