Question
Posted by: depressed | 2008-11-06

miscarrIage

i had my 1st lost pregnancy in April 08 so due to partial molar pregancy, i did monthly blood tests which were all negative, got the go ahead at end August and found did a urine test on Saturday 1st Nov which was positive and blood test on sunday 2nd nov which was positive, i was due to start my period on the 31 Oct.

when i woke up yesterday morning i have a brown discharge, and went to the gynea which he did an internal scan and there was just thickening of lining but no sac etc yet as its to early, he also looked inside but cervix was closed. did blood test today which should have double but has dropped to 9ml which it was 25.3 on sunday, he said its a miscarriage. i went to the bath room and there was this big brown lump TMI sorry of stuff.

reason i am on here is to find out am i definately gonna miscarry and if so WHY am i falling pregnant easy, as the 1st time was after 6months and 2nd time after 3 months. why am i loosing the babies? what is wrong with me? and if we get preg again is this gonna happen a 3rd time. my gynea was not in today so i need some advice please help. also do i need a d& c again?

please help.

It does sound like the pregnancy is not viable. It may not be necessary to have a D&C. this will depend on the blood tests and the clinical findings. The mole and miscarriage are not related. You were just unlikely. There is a more than 80% chance that you will have a normal pregnancy next time.

5
Posted by: lolo | 2008-11-07

am in same trauma! bt all i know is that there is nothing God cannot do, even beyound the physical. just need to be fervent in prayers.

Reply to lolo
Posted by: Sbongile | 2008-11-07

I had a stillborn at 28weeks in February due to preeclampsia im also scared of falliing pregnant again but if you dont try you will not know only God knows and i believe everything happene for a reason. i did a so many blood test to decrease the chances of what happened not to happen again.

I learned not to trust doctors too much just follow your insticts or get as many opinions as possible thats what i did i changed doctors and my gynae now is giving me hope that i will carry a baby to full term.

Reply to Sbongile
Posted by: me | 2008-11-07

I had a miscarriage at 2 months it is aweful but the thing is you must not give up. give yourself time to heal and also my gynae recommended i dont fall preg immediately so to give the lining a chance to get thick. In my instance i have an underactive thyroid and i think this is the reason - perhaps your doc could do a blood test to check

Reply to me
Posted by: Ant | 2008-11-07

I know the feeling of suffering a mc, I recently suffered one beg Sep-it`s the worst, u wont even wish it on your worst enemy.It`s such a undescribable emotion-not even words can explain.

I hope GD or any1 will be able to give u some advice-wishing u all the best and know u are in my thoughts.

Reply to Ant
Posted by: Patty K | 2008-11-06

It will not happen again, you will not loose your babies. Pray to God and he will come through for you

Reply to Patty K