Question
Posted by: AJ | 2008/10/20

Miscarriage?

My pregnancy was confirmed on Friday, the dr did an internal scan, couldnt see anything but told me that I have some " tenderness on my left side"  so I had a blood test done, the pregnancy hormones level was about 1000. I started bleeding on Friday morning, it started as a " normal period"  - some light spotting, the dr them wanted me to do another blood test on today to check the pregnancy hormone level (I did the test this morning). On Saturday, I was bleeding alot, saturated alot of tampons and then switched over to pads and that' s when I noticed the clots, the clots were big, about the size of a R2 coin, I also had sheet like looking clots, backpain and cramps, which I dont have during a normal period. The bleeding still hasnt stopped and is still heavy. Could I be miscarrying?

Yes, it does sound like you are miscarrying. See your doctor immediately.

4
Posted by: loni | 2008/10/21

same thing happened to me. with the pregnancy hormone dropping. you have unfortunately lost the baby :-(. You need to have a scrape done (D &  C) so that you can fall pregnant again.

Reply to loni
Posted by: AJ | 2008/10/20

I just got a call from my dr, my lab results are back and the pregnancy hormone has now dropped to 250 and has termed what happening to me as a " failing pregnancy" .

Reply to AJ
Posted by: AJ | 2008/10/20

Reply to AJ
Posted by: Nix | 2008/10/20

I' m sorry to say but it sounds like you are. after a count of 1000 on a pregnancy test you should be able to see something on the scan. Just check with your doctor that it isn' t an eptopic pregnancy, which is a pregnancy in the tubes. if it is then you need to have it removed asap as it could be life threatening to you.

Reply to Nix