Question
Posted by: YG | 2011/09/27

Misc.

hallo, I would like to know what is your take on the blood type diet ? &  if it will work if I have pcos (i''ve read your answer to the previous pcos q, &  have basically done everything already)...my bmi is about 30 (which is too high)..

Dear YG
I hope you are also receiving medical treatment for your PCOS? If not, discuss the use of Gluophage and other medications with your gynae or physician. I am personally not convinced that the so-called 'blood diets' are based on sound scientific proof. Why all individuals who have blood type O should be "allergic" to wheat, etc, and that this "allergy" should cause weight gain, does not make sense to me. I would recommend that you return to your dietitian so that she can fine-tune your low-fat, low-cholesterol, low-GI diet to achieve weightloss and reduce raised insulin levels that are usually associated with PCOS. I also hope you are managing to do some aerobic exercise every day, not only to stimulate your metabolism and promote weightloss, but also to reduce your blood insulin levels.
Holding thumbs

1

Dear YG
Holding thumbs