Question
Posted by: RT | 2008/07/23

Misaligned jaw

Hi Doc,

I am booked to see a Maxillo Facial Surgeon on Thuesday as i was told by my ENT that i have a misaligned jaw that causing me to have a re=accuring ear infection.

My question is what can i expect when i will see him and what will be the solution on fixing my misaligned jaw.

(the ENT said that instead of my jaw going into and out of the jaw ' soket'  when opening and closing my jaw it is rubbing aginst my bone by my ear)

Dear RT
They usually prescribe a special mouth piece that they make specifically for your teeth that one should wear to re-align the jaw, and may send you to a physiotherapist for special exercises of the face.