Question
Posted by: Cup Cake | 2009/01/29

Mirena - Waste of time &  money, need ans

Since I cannot take any pills, due to the most horrible side effects, my doc suggested the mirena. I had this inserted February 08, went for my 6 week check up and it was gone. Had another 1 inserted in June 08, went for my 6 week check up and it was gone.
My doc then suggest I try 1 more time and have it done in hosp so that they can do a D& C, and womb scrap, and check everything. Everything came back fine, no problems went for my 6 week check up and it was gone. My doc cant explain why, I phoned the Mirena helpline and they say they have never had this. I want answers and what should I use, I tried the patch and it paralysed my arm until I removed it, gave me headaches, and I was very moody, and left patches all over my body. What do I do please help, I cannot have a hystremectory as I am still quite young. Please help.................

Your options would be the injectable or a sterilisation if your family is complete. I cannot explain how the Mirena fell out 3 times and especially how you did not notice it.