Posted by: bella | 2008-10-30

I had a Mirena inserted about 3 years ago but still have heavy bleeding and long periods. My gynea suggested to go back on the pill. I am using Nordette woth the Mirena. It sort regulates it and is a little lighter. I also had pollyps removed after my first Mirena fell out after HEAVY bleeding. I have high blood pressure and am concern about all th estrogen / progesterone I am pumping into my body.
A histerectomy is not an option as I cannot afford the time off as a business owner. I am 45

If you have high blood pressure, you should not be on the Pill. An endometrial ablation may be an alternative. The recovery period is much shorter than for a hysterectomy.

Posted by: ? | 2008-10-30

I' d say that if your body agrees better to the pill, than maybe you should remove the Mirena.

Reply to ?