Question
Posted by: Val | 2010/12/06

Mirena - Urgent - Confused

I am seriously thinking about getting the mirena device put in. Is this a safe contraception? My husband and I are both scared that we may not beable to fall pregnant after we remove the device in 3years time. I''m i just being paraniod? Is it the best &  safest way?

Please advise...Many thanks Val

The Mirena is very safe and has no long term effects on fertility.

3

Posted by: Preggy Belly | 2010/12/08

Hello!
I had the mirena for 3 years, and fell pregnant about 4 months after having it removed.
I am now pregnant with our second child.

I will def go back on the mirena after this baby is born.

Reply to Preggy Belly
Posted by: merena mom | 2010/12/07

Hi - The mirena did not work well for me (side effects) - BUT all my other friends are happy and very satisfied. Had no problems falling pregnant afterwards and had very liitle to no side effects- But it is expencive. most medical aids will not pay for it.
Speak to you Dr let him do a examination and give you his best advice - every person is different what works for one does not nessasary work for all - but overall I think it is a good product judging from all my friends satisfaction. Good luck

Reply to merena mom