Question
Posted by: anonymous | 2013-02-05

mirena unhappy after only 10 days, hasty?

Mirena inserted 7 weeks after child birth, bleeding since, on day 10. Extremely unhappy about bleeding and already would like for it to be removed. Thought when I heard spotting it would be irregular not constant bleeding. Dr said after having it inserted that this could last anywhere from 3-6 months. Been on pill for 10 years so decided on mirena. Was not expecting to bleed all the time. Really disappointed. Is it a hasty decision to have it removed? Is there something I could take to make the bleeding stop? I am currently breastfeeding and would like to continue ti breastfeed.

I think you are being a bit hasty. Try and sit it out. Unfortuantely there isn't anything you can take.