Posted by: Sue | 2011-11-28

Mirena side effects?

I had a Mirena for 5 years, and then it was replaced 2 years ago. Now, 24 months later, I started bleeding again. After 2 weeks, I started to feel bloated in my stomach and some cramps and sensitivity. I went to the dr, he prescribed antibiotics. It got a bit better, but then worse again. I went back, and got other antibiotics and something to stop the bleeding. 5 days later, and still no improvement, I''ve been bleeding now for 4 weeks. It even hurts when I have to use the toilet or sneezes, it feels as if there is a lot of pressure in my pelvic. What can the cause be? The mirena or something else? I don''t want to go on a 3rd antibiotic course.

Have you seen a Gynae? The Mirena can cause irregular bleeding but you should have a pap smear and internal examination to check for other problems.