Question
Posted by: Cynthiaq | 2009-07-09

Mirena side effects

I had the mirena inserted a week ago and i wanted to know for how long will i have cramps, lower back pain, spotting, feeling bloated and flatulence.

worried

The spotting can last for up to 9 months. The other symptoms should disappear within a week or two.

1

There' s no set amount of time. Some women experience these side effects longer than others, but from what I' ve gathered and experienced, it normally takes six to nine months to settle completely. The cramps and pain are probably from the insertion, so I' m sure those will go away quickly, as soon as your body heals.