Question
Posted by: seriously stressed out | 2010-12-04

Mirena procedure scheduled early this week but might be pregnant - URGENT reply needed

Hi doc
Sorry for posting this at the cyberDoc too but I need to know what to do urgently.

I have a Mirena procedure due early this week, Tuesday to be exact) hospital booked, doc booked (going to be under anthestetic), but the thing is, that I have NEVER been late with my period. I am now 2 days late. As you know it might be to early to do a home pregnancy test, and I dont want the Mirena fitten if i might be pregnant. I do have some pregnancy symptoms, like sore breast, but this happens when my period is due too. I also have been very tired, but thought it could be work / stress related. I have had lower back pain since thursday and thought my period will start, but still ....nothing...nothing at all.

Can you do a home pregnancy test only after 2 days being late? and how accurate can it be, or should I go for a blood test on Monday, will that we accurate?

Should I just wait it out and if it does not happen before Monday (which is 4 days late on my cycle) call the doc and cancel the procedure.

Please please, I need advice

Do a home test. If it is positive, it is positive. If not you can do a blood test.Inform your doctor anyway what is happening.

2
Posted by: Nini | 2010-12-06

It is not too early for a pregnancy test - a test can be done wtihin 1 day of missed period. Do it!!!

Reply to Nini
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-12-06