Posted by: seriously stressed out | 2010-12-04

Mirena procedure scheduled but might be prenant - Urgent reply required

Hi Cyberdoc
Sorry for not posting this at the GyneaDoc but I need to know what to do urgently.

I have a Mirena procedure due early this week, Tuesday to be exact) hospital booked, doc booked (going to be under anthestetic), but the thing is, that I have NEVER been late with my period. I am now 2 days late. As you know it might be to early to do a home pregnancy test, and I dont want the Mirena fitten if i might be pregnant. I do have some pregnancy symptoms, like sore breast, but this happens when my period is due too. I also have been very tired, but thought it could be work / stress related. Can you do a home pregnancy test only after 2 days being late? and how accurate can it be, or should I go for a blood test on Monday, will that we accurate?

Should I just wait it out and if it does not happen before Monday (which is 4 days late on my cycle) call the doc and cancel the procedure.

Please please, I need advice

You should rather have a blood test done on Monday and repeat the blood test two days later, in order to confirm if you are pregnant or not. Repeating the blood test two days later, will show if the BETA-hCg (pregnancy marker)has increased.