Question
Posted by: Aleksi | 2010/09/13

Mirena (position and safety?)

I have had the Mirena inserted on Friday 10 September. Gynae advised to abstain for 2-3 days, and the pamphlet of the Mirena said 24 hours. Well, we just couldn''t resist for 24 hours...and now i''m stressing a bit. I can feel the threads but since the sex I don''t feel any " menstrual pains"  as i did on the day of the implantation and the following day. Is the Mirena still in place? Should i get a sonar just to make 100 % sure as the Mirena is pricey and i''m only going back to the gynae in 6 wks'' time to check if it is still in the correct position

If you can feel the strings it should be okay.

2

Posted by: Taz | 2010/09/13

If you can feel the threads you fine, so I''ve been told. The pains will minimize as your body gets use to it. I had period like pains and intercourse was uncomfortable too, so I had it removed 7 months later. Hopefully it works for you.

Reply to Taz