Question

Mirena or Nova T after the pill

I have been on the pill (tryfacial) since the age of 16 and am now 39 and have been told the its time to reconsider another form of contraception because of my age. I have always been happy with the pill and only came off it to have my child.
My Dr has recommended Mirena but I am not happy with what I have read about it (not periods etc) I am leaning towards the Nova T. My concern is that after taking hormones for years , the mirena might be better because of the hormones. Please advise as I am so confused. What age is it safe to carry on with the pill until (I dont smoke, or have high blood presure).

Ifr you don't smoke, don't have high blood pressure and have no risk factors for heart disease, you can continue with the Pill till menopause.

1