Question
Posted by: Bee | 2011/10/27

Mirena Loop MISSING

Hi Doc.
I had my 2nd Mirena Loop inserted after my 2nd baby about 18 months ago.
1st time round i had no problems.
This second time round definitely not as good experience, more irregular periods etc
Question is, at an annual checkup, my gynae could not find the Mirena threads, and said thatit must have moved position &  into my uterus. (?)
He said it is perfectly safe and will keep me covered - birth control wise?
Is this true?
Ive been feeling light - headed, dizzy, tired etc and wonder if this could be linked?

It might be safest to have a scan to check the position of the Mirena. If it is in the uterus, you are safe.

1