Question
Posted by: Milly | 2010/10/25

Mirena (loop)

My gynea inserted loop in Sept 2010 but i''m not etirely happy with this method as i keep on spoting now for 10 days. i would like to know what can i do? my medical aid is exhausted and can i consult with a GP?

Thanks in advance.

If you have a Mirena, this spotting is normal and can go on for several months. There isn't much you can do about it, but try to persist a bit longer.

4
Posted by: Lerato | 2010/10/26

I also was using it(loop) for about a year, but had to remove it this year end August b''coz of the spotting if i''m not on period''s &  when i''m on period''s they will be very, very heavy.So i spoke to my Gayne as this was an ongoing thing every month,he took it out then now i''m on injection &  everything is normal now .Will advise that you speak to your Gayne/GP about your situation.

Reply to Lerato

Posted by: Michelle | 2010/10/25

It takes a while to settle down. I had it done a year ago and for a few weeks your body is adjusting (which is what I was told at the time). I wouldn''t panic - but I''m not a qualified doctor!

Reply to Michelle